The first Baby Kid Blog, Cool Baby Kid, was born November 2007. During the following year, it evolved from a hobby to part-time job, albeit an enjoyable one. Needless to say I've learned a lot in the last year, but the some of the most important blogging tips I've gathered in 2008 are:
- Blog design is everything, and Gisele Jacequenod is a goddess.
- Twitter is tops for social networking.
- For meeting other bloggers, Mom Bloggers Club rules.
- Entrecard gets your blog out there and exposes you to new ones too.
- Prizey and Online-Sweepstakes are teriffic for giveaway listings.
- Read and comment on other blogs; according to some, like Mack at the Viral Garden, this is one of the most important thing you can do to aquire authentic readers and followers.
- Make time for blog improvement. Some of my personal favorite sites for blog tips are Problogger, Blog Coach and Daily Blog Tips.
- I also learned some technical stuff: how to make pictures clickable, center sidebar items, manipulate Photoshop enough to get by, and include meta tags among others.
Like this post? You may enjoy this link.