Thursday, October 30, 2008
Each week Ask baby Kid will feature one outstanding blogger. While I have a tons of resources for tips and tricks on parenting and blogging, there are many moms and bloggers out there who can offer advice on both subjects. For each week's featured blog I will conduct brief interviews with these ladies (and men) in an attempt to bring you fresh ideas and great new blog finds every week. If you are interested in being a featured blog, please complete this featured blog form. Only those blogs which are compatible with the audience of Ask Baby Kid readers and approved by its editor will be featured.
The current approximate post time on approved featured blogs is: TWO WEEKS
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Do you love a product, website or other resource for moms, babies or kids? Have you tried a one featured on Cool Baby Kid? I would love to hear from you! Please complete this contact form or email us.
If you are submitting a product, website or resource for review, please complete the review submission form. Unfortunately, due to a high volume of submissions, none will be accepted via email.
Cool Baby Kid, Smart Baby Kid, Ask Baby Kid & Cool Baby Kid Holiday Edition readers are looking for great products and resources for themselves and their children. A variety of advertising options are available allowing your business to be exposed to thousands of visitors each month. With readership and subscribers growing steadily, and an editor determined to keep it on the forefront of review blogs, advertising on Baby Kid blogs offers an opportunity to connect with an increasing number of loyal and influential readers. Unlike product reviews which are on the top spot for just a few days, ads remain on the sidebar of every page of the sites.
And the winners are...
OK...I'm done being cheeky. These are blogs I love for various reasons and if you have some time to spare for blog reading I think you'll like them too. And when you're done, be sure to come back to Cool Baby Kid and check out some cool contests or my Top 20 Picks. Or drop me a line to tell me how cool you think I am. Sorry. I said I was done.
- Chic Shopper Chic
- From Dates to Diapers
- Goddess in Progress
- Life Starring Ellie & Eve
- My Embroidered Gifts
- Now What Baby
- Nursery Murals
- Ohana Mama
- Parenting Pink Blog
- Suzy Q Homemaker
- An Island Review
- Contest for Moms
- Contest Beat
- Just a Mom's Take On Things
- Laura Williams' Musings
- Mom Giveaways
Other Neat Sites
How I Got Started
An English teacher by trade and mom to a toddler girl and baby boy, I also love to shop; my habit of ridiculously over-researching every baby and kid product I purchase lead to to the blogs. In 2005 I started a cosmetics company which got me online more. I started a blog but never posted, not really even sure what blogging was all about. An ardent shopper and deal hunter, friends would ask me about unique products I hunted down, and so I kept a list to send to them. Also wanting to write my kids' stories and record every milestone, I kept a webpage with these details as well as all of the resources I gathered along the way, whether it was about traveling with kids or how to get the baby to sleep. Then in the fall of 2007, as my list of cool finds began to grow, I decided to learn more about blogging and combine the two. Cool Baby Kid became a "one stop cool stuff stop" of all the neat products and resources I gathered as a mom.
Baby and Kid Expert?
Hardly. So why should anyone read the Baby Kid Blogs or ask me a question when they could just as easily frequent the hundreds of other mom blogs or google an answer about cool and smart find as well as parenting or blogging? Good question. Cool Baby Kid is focused on my shopping habit and over-researching tendencies from everything to new strollers to the best wipies. Smart Baby Kid utilizes my educational background as a teacher of over ten years and a PhD graduate in Curriculum & Instruction, Language & Literacy from Penn State University. Wanting to use the knowledge I've gained about education, specifically literacy of children and adolescents, prompted me to create a blog about educational products and resources. Ask Baby Kid is the answer to a problem I encountered almost as soon as I had my first baby. As a mom-to-be, I did my research, read every book imaginable, joined discussion groups and prepared as best I could for motherhood. But a stark reality hit when my daughter was born...I didn't have time to read! Reading now came in moments...a moment to read one chapter, another moment to read an article in Parents magazine. Ask Baby is a combination of short, real answers to parenting and blogging with a panel of other moms to answer questions ranging from blogging basics to family travel.
Aside from hugging and kissing my babies, I also enjoy bogging, reading, shopping, traveling, planning parties, and watching reality TV. I'm also a runner, but deliberately not listed in the "I enjoy" category. I run a handful of half-marathons a year but have sworn off short races (too fast) and the full marathon (too much training and pain.) I run to eat, another past time. Favorite food? Italian like me!
I Hope to Hear From You
I hope you find a helpful resource as you read the Baby Kid Blogs. I'm always looking for neat new ideas so be sure to send me your thoughts...I'd love the hear them. And if you sell something you think would be a great fit with my site, please complete the product submission form by clicking on the "Review Submissions" tab.
Thanks for reading...
Monday, October 27, 2008
1. Contest is open to U.S. residents only unless otherwise noted.
2. Enter the contest by leaving a comment on Ask Baby Kid on the post of the giveaway you'd like to win. Increase your chances by completing any of the following; each one is counted as an additional entry.
- Blog about the contest mentioning ABK and leave an extra comment with a link to your blog posting.
- Add the ABK logo to your website/blog and leave an extra comment with the link to your site.
- Subscribe to ABK via RSS or email and leave an extra comment saying "I'm a subscriber!"
- Become a ABK Follower by clicking the follower link on the right sidebar and leave an extra comment saying "I'm a follower!"
- Favorite ABK on Technorati and leave a comment with "I Faved!"
- Spread the word about Blog Popz and blog about them using the widget. Leave a comment with your blog post.
- Not a blogger? Email five friends to tell them about the contest and cc me on your email. Remember to also leave a comment on ABK for an extry entry.
3. Winner will be chosen at random using Random.Org.
4. Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on the contest deadline. Winner will be notified by email (so be sure to leave a valid one) sometime the next day or as soon as I can get my act together. Prize is shipped directly from the company, but I'll need to contact you and collect your address.
5. Your information will not be shared in any way!
6. The winner will have 3 days to claim their prize after being notified by email; otherwise, a new winner will be chosen.
I think that's about it. You'd think giving something away would be less complicated.
- Props & Pans: Wednesday Websites: All About Kids, 11/27/2008
- MyHeritage Interview Series: Mom Blogger Cecilia Mecca*, 12/4/2008
- Mama Divas: Cool Baby Kid Whips Up Two New Blogs 11/9/2008
- Mom's Take on Things: They're The New Kids on the Block, 11/18/2008
- The Mom Buzz: Cool Baby Kid Brings You Two New Blogs, 11/18/2008
- The Not-So-Blog Blog: Introducing...11/18/2008
- Work It: The Working Moms Blog: Procrastination One Blog At a Time, 11/18/2008
- Nursery Murals & More: Cool Baby Kid Blog Launch, 11/2008
- Interview with 5 Minutes for Mom, 2008
- Baby Kid Blogs Are Born, Press Release, 11/18/2008
- Blog Popz: The Sweetest Way to Give Props to Fellow Bloggers, Press Release, 1/9/2009
- How to Become a Review Blogger, EzineArticles.com 2009
Sunday, October 26, 2008
125X125 Cool/Smart Baby Kid Logo
125X125 As Seen On Logo
125X125 Greyscale Logo
600X100 As Seen On Banner
Friday, October 24, 2008
All content © 2008 Baby Kid Blogs | Design by Gisele Jaquenod